COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
YBRC collects personal information such as name, date of birth, gender, information in identification documents (for example, passports or driver’s licence) and in proof of age documents; residential and postal addresses, phone numbers and fax numbers as well as email, IP and social media addresses.
We collect personal information about you from both you and also sometimes from other persons (for example, in the case of a group booking for a number of members and/or guests for one of our events).
For example, we may collect personal information when you:
• Join YBRC or one of our sub-Clubs
• Participate in our events and activities
• Use our services or buy our goods
• Contact us for further information, or to express an interest or make a booking, in respect of our services, events and activities
• Participate in our surveys and other types of research
• Participate in the management and conduct of our Club and its sub-Clubs
• Give us feedback
• Enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest conducted by or on our behalf
• Participate in an incentive, loyalty or self exclusion system or scheme in respect of our goods and services
• Visit or use the functionality on our website
• Submit a job application or resume
• Report an incident or occurrence
• Opt in to use a YBRC social media application.
It is generally not practical to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym when dealing with YBRC as we usually need to collect your personal information in order to give you access to Club premises, to provide goods and services to you, or for you to participate in our events and activities.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
YBRC uses your information in order to carry out its responsibilities, duties and activities as a registered club, to better understand your needs and to provide you with better goods and services. Without limitation, YBRC may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
• In respect of the supply of our goods, services, events or activities
• To deal with your enquiries or customer service issues
• For record keeping purposes, including records of your communications with our customer service representatives
• To keep you up to date with our goods, services, events or promotions that may be of interest to you through a variety of channels
• To administer promotional, loyalty and or self exclusion schemes and programmes
• For planning, product development, marketing or research purposes
• In relation to any employment application
• To fulfil our obligations under the Registered Clubs Act, the Liquor Act, Gaming machines Act, other applicable laws and regulations or the YBRC Constitution and By Laws.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to provide our goods and services to you, we have appointed organisations or may appoint in future other organisations to carry out activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, mailing houses, market research organisations, professional service providers and advisers, third party suppliers and agents. These third parties may have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions and activities but are subject to restrictions not to use that information for other purposes.
We may also disclose personal information about you to third parties including law enforcement and regulatory bodies, in the event of a merger or demerger, or when we are required or permitted to do so under law.
QUALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
YBRC aims to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us with this, please contact the Club's Reception or our Privacy Officer if any of the details you have provided have changed. Further, if you believe the information we hold about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. No fee applies to correct personal information.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Privacy Act allows individuals to access and alter the records YBRC holds containing their personal information. If you wish to access the personal information YBRC holds, please provide a written request to our Privacy Officer.
YBRC will provide you with access to your information except where the Privacy Act prohibits or does not require it.
DIRECT MARKETING AND OPT-OUT
YBRC may use your personal information for the purpose of marketing our goods and services. If, for any reason, you would like to be removed from our mailing lists, please complete one of the following:
•Select “I do not wish to receive information from YBRC about its offers and promotions” on your membership application.
•Select “unsubscribe” on electronic communications
•Email our Privacy Officer
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
YBRC is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse, alteration and or interference.
YBRC does not hold any of your personal information outside Australia.
If you wish to make a complaint about YBRC use of your personal information, please put your complaint in writing, providing as much detail as possible, and forward it to the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer, or his or her delegate, will investigate the complaint and will provide you with a written response following the completion of the investigation.
COOKIES, THIRD PARTY LINKS AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE
“Cookies” (ie small text files placed on your computer when you first visit the site) are used on our website. Most browsers now recognise when a cookie is offered and permit you to refuse or accept it. If you are not sure whether your browser has this capability, you should check with the software manufacturer or your Internet service provider.
Cookies are primarily used to enhance your online experience. If you visit our website to read or download information, much of the information we collect is statistical only (eg, the domain from which you accessed the internet, the date and time you accessed our site, and the internet address of the website which you linked directly to our site) and not personally identifiable. YBRC uses such information to make our site more useful and attractive to you.
You have several choices regarding your use of our website. In general, you are not required to provide personal information when you visit our website.
However, if you apply to receive information about our goods, services, activities or events or wish to apply for a job, provision of certain personal information will generally be required. Please note the YBRC’s website may contain links to other websites maintained or operated by third parties which are provided for your convenience.
YBRC is only responsible for the privacy practises and security of its own website.
YBRC recommends that you check the privacy policies and procedures of other websites you visit.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
OUR PRIVACY OFFICER
Further information on YBRC privacy policies and procedures can be obtained by contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact details below:
The Privacy Officer – Phil Boughton
Yamba Bowling and Recreation Club
44 Wooli St Yamba 2464 NSW
Telephone: 02 6646 2305